Giving Something Back
At Dickie Bow we're not just chasing profit; we started our company to offer a quality service which we personally found unavailable during our own wedding planning. With over 6000 individual reviews we feel like we're well on our way to achieving this.
Our commitment to operating beyond profit starts with our customers which means running a streamlined organisation and not inflating our prices simply because you are planning your big day. This also means that wherever possible we support our local community and services, be that by using local post offices, freelancers or giving to charity.
We're both Mums and completely get the parent juggle, (Mr Dickie Bow was the first in his company to take shared parental leave) so we're keen to work with people flexibly to enable both a life and great work, whatever their circumstances.
We can't claim to be an eco organisation but we are aware of our contribution to the planet and thus we operate a paperless office and use the least possible, biodegradable packaging available to us. Our efforts in this area are always ongoing and in 2022, we are on operation packaging; a move to cardboard packaging and even less waste.
To date we have planted around 250 trees, currently in the New Forest but we are hoping to extend this to more urban areas. It's not massive, and are working towards more, but we have made a start.
We are pleased to have supported these charities :
- Murray parish trust creating a new children's trauma unit in Southampton serving the south of England.
- Scratch - A Southampton Charity which provides hugely impactful support via their furniture packages, basics banks and Christmas gift appeal.
- Society of St James by supplying over 50 care packages, winter jackets, hats, scarfs and gloves over the Beast from the East winter of 2018.
- Freedom fund supporting anti slavery across the world.
- The Neuro Foundation
- Macmillan Cancer Support
- Marie Curie
- Grenfell Tower victims
- Wings for life spinal cord research
- Tools for self reliance send refurbished tools and singer sewing machines to people throughout Africa to enable to develop and trade and/or business and become self sufficient.
If you are a charity and would like our support please drop us a line at email@example.com and we'll happily learn more about what you do.